Friday, May 7, 2010

Thank You But No Thank You...

This week my friend Josh from The New Familiars asked me to join him at his weekly "PStone" gig.  I used to go every week and just sit in, then I didn't go for a long time, and now I've been showing up pretty regularly again.  It's so strange how the crowd changes from week to week.  Oh, the strange stories I could tell.  My favorite from this past Wednesday was this woman who came up after a song and asked where I was from.  I told her charlotte, and she said "no, I thought you'd be from Nashville".  I took this as a compliment and said thank you.  She continued to come up after every song and clap really loudly (and right in our faces) and every once in awhile throw in a comment or question that I couldn't understand.  Now - here's the funny part.  At our break she came up to me, my roommate, and roomie's friend and asked "hey, where are you guys from?"...I had no idea that she was that drunk.  So, I answered again and she said "Oh yea, someone already told me that. (um yea, me!)  I would have thought you guys were from Nashville.  Gotta love drunk people:)
p.s. she also thought roomie and roomie's friend were also in the band:)


Last night Jason and I played at Dean and Deluca Wine Room.  This is my first time playing there on my crazy diet.  I used to ALWAYS have a few glasses of this amazing Muscato Wine.  Uh, I hated not getting to enjoy that.  They also have really nice and fresh foods...but, I can't have anything.  The staff is always so nice to us there but this time they went way beyond.  A few times throughout the night I had turned down wine and food and always said thank you but I can't.  At our break Jason and I were sitting at a table talking and the cook brought out 2 sets of silverware.  I assumed he thought we were sharing.  Then he proceeded to bring out TWO plates of the pulled pork sandwiches and potato salad.  Jason quickly said, "we only ordered one!" and the cook said "don't worry about it, it's on the house.".  TORTURE!!  Free (yummy) food just sitting right in front of me!  I felt guilty about not eating it and I didn't have the nerve to send it back so I had them pack it up for my roomie.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts and I soooo appreciated the thought.
~R

2 comments:

  1. Good job handling temptation. It IS torture and you handled it well! I just wish it was easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! It was one of those "come on, are you serious" moments. Just gotta laugh:)

    ReplyDelete